Thursday 19 December 2013

In a week it'll all be over...


This year I feel like I've actually got the hang of this Christmas lark. 

The presents are all wrapped and under the tree - apart from the boy's pressies of course. Father Christmas is bringing those over on Xmas Eve as arranged.  

my boy as SantaI've bought my veggie main for the big day just in case Hubbie can't find the nut loaf he got a few years ago that was fab and has never been seen again.

Cards have all been posted - yes even overseas ones - I know, get me !!

Now we are into full kid mode starting with Christmas songs and mince pies at nursery today. There was stage fright and tantrums (from adults and tots) and when they all came out in their little costumes we all went "AAAWWWWW" - not a dry eye in the house ! My boy looked at me, spotted grandparents in the audience and said (loudly), "Mummy, where's Grandma ?" I smiled and hid behind my iPad videoing his refusal to sing along. Ironic considering he's serenaded me on the car every day so far with songs about snowmen and Santa's seasonal mishaps.

Tomorrow he has a Christmas party with sports, party games, food and a special appearance from Father Christmas himself - whether or not he will be in football kit is as yet unconfirmed. 

On Friday we'll be singing with elves, preparing reindeer food and meeting Santa before going to another party at nursery. 

On Sunday we're having breakfast with Father Christmas. I'm not sure what he's having, but I'm looking forward to eating breakfast out - a luxury normally reserved for holidays only !!

My dad and my boy Finally I have a Christmas Eve bag ready for his overnight stay with my parents. The red bag (naturally) contains festive new pyjamas, lovely Xmas books, a soft toy and I'm sure a few festive treats will find their way in too. My Dad's birthday is on Christmas Eve so it's a double celebration and my boy will get to spend it with his beloved Nani-mummy (my Mum) and Nanaji (my Dad). We get to spend it in a hotel *beams widely.*

If all of this seems a bit over the top I should explain. Last year my boy didn't see Father Christmas at all. He was supposed to at the nursery Christmas party, but on the day they had a power cut so the party was cancelled. I tried - in vain - to get him into one of the myriad grottos within the M25, but it was too late and they were all booked up. I'm pretty sure I was more gutted than he was !!


So this year I've ensured he's got multiple opportunities to meet the big man. He's going to feel like a member of the family by next week. 

Of course the boy isn't too worried because he knows his Nanaji is the real one :o) 

Post Christmas flop out


12 comments:

  1. Sounds simply perfect! Stretan Bozic {Merry Christmas] from Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and a Merry Christmas to you and yours too xxx

      Delete
  2. I love that pic of your little boy and his Grandad. Just lovely! Have a great Christmas, it sounds like a busy one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favourite photos are of my Dad and my boy together :o)
      Yes it's going to be really busy, but I really hope that everyone has a great time xxx

      Delete
  3. Aww - lovely plans for Christmas - I hope you all enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww that is lovely. hope you all have a great christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna - I'm looking forward to it (for a change) - hope you do too xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow you are going to be busy - but having so much fun! Enjoy and have a great Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - will wave in your general direction when we're in the area too :o) xxx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you have everything covered and are very excited. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed by your organisation, I feel so disorganised this year and its not like me. Why do kids know all the words and all the actions to their parts at home but you silent once on stage???

    ReplyDelete